Friday, October 25, 2013

Goddess Apparel



Goddess Apparel

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Taupo/113/201/42
Having just recently published an article about a new mall, owned by an old friend, I was hesitant to go on an assignment to a store that I had never shopped or even heard about. As I arrived at the landing point, in front of Goddess Apparel, thoughts raced through my head. I am adept at finding the silver lining in every cloud. Surely, if need be, this petite journalist, with stars in her eyes, could make this shop glow in the dark. As I began to explore, it didn't take long to realize that I would not have to dig for gold here. I had entered a dragon's lair, surrounded by treasures in every direction I looked.

Goddess Apparel is owned by Athene Forder. Within, you'll find 14 departments on three floors. The departments include; Bridal, Costumes, Formal Gowns, Lingerie, Silks, Swimwear, Vintage Clothing, Club Styles, Fairy Items, Holiday Attire, Phantom of the Opera, Sportswear, Togas, and More Formal Gowns. Although mostly women's wear, they do offer a number of men's outfits, so you can accessorize your ball and chain, when wearing that new outfit. In the center of the store, you'll find the Goddess Lounge, used for socials and fashion shows. Posters announce an upcoming event there.


*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:**:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*
Ana's TNT Shapes & Renaisance modeling and photography
Presents

Halloween Costume Fashion Show

Sat. Oct. 19, at 2pm SLT
Opening with the vocal talents of Athene Forder
Followed by dance, with DJ Machiavelli Zanzibar
*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:**:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*

On the second floor, there is a store within a store, called JB Just Because, also owned by Athene. While the main store features clothing for special events, JB's has more for every day wear. By special events I mean weddings, formals, holiday and theme parties.  You need not worry about buying an outfit that will only be used once and them sit in your closet forever after. One thing I quickly noticed was, Goddess Apparel styles are timeless and will stay in style for decades, even centuries. I had promised myself that I would just look and not buy, this trip, especially because, last shopping article I bought Lolas Tango implants, which aren't supported at GA. However, I was wearing black, for an upcoming theme, when I spotted the "Halloween Nymph Black" gown and just had to have it. It looked like it would be easy to adapt it to work with the implants and only took about an hour to do so.


The Nymph gown wasn't the only item to catch my eye. I flipped my notebook to a fresh page and started a wish list, with items like Toga, Guinevere gown, Marie Antoinette gown, Initiate's tunic, and from the Phantom collection,the Think of Me gown and Masquerade gown. These all come in a variety of colors.

I was especially impressed by the quality and detail of the textures used in all the clothing at Goddess Apparel. As a clothing designer, good textures rate high with me.

As if all these quallity outfits weren't enough to make you a regular shopper, they also have welcome gifts, Hunts, group gifts and discounts and Midnight Madness boards. I could say way more about Goddess Apparel, but, as always, I like to allow you to have the fun of finfing a new adventure for yourself.. Be sure to join their group, so you can keep up with all the latest additions.



No comments:

Post a Comment